Pre-School Scholarship for Single-Parent Families
We are currently budgeting and fundraising for this program.
Early Education Scholarships (partial tuition assistance) is available for children of struggling single-parent families. These scholarships are funded by and administered by Broken Promises Foundation as part of its commitment to the single-parent community.
The Scholarship is intended to assist families whose children would benefit from early education pre-school instruction but who do not have sufficient financial resources. Qualified single-parent families cannot be receiving government assistance TANF (Welfare) or Food Snaps (SNAP) and have annual incomes of $60,000 or less.
The Pre-School Scholarship Committee will use the following criteria for selection of scholarship recipients:
- The child must be age eligible for the pre-school program selected.
- Financial Need
- Must be a struggling Single-Parent family
- Meeting our financial need standards
- Not receiving government assistance TANF (Welfare) or Food Snaps (SNAP)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Other Considerations
- Need for parents (s) to work or pursue other required activity (e.g provide care for other family members).
- Extraordinary conditions or hardship.
The Scholarship Committee does not discriminate on the basis of race color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, or sexual orientation.
- Complete an application form, including the financial disclosure section. Goto Online Form
- Submit the online application form above. Or, send a hard copy application in an envelope address to:
Broken Promises Foundation
606 Post Road East, Suite 314
Westport, CT 06880
- Pre-School Scholarship applications should be submitted three months prior to the term you are seeking assistance.
- Pre-School Scholarships must be submitted with tax return for the year prior to the upcoming school term.
- Recipients must reapply for a Scholarship each year that it is requested.
- Personal interviews of the applicant’s family may be requested.
- Selection of the recipients will be made by the Scholarship Committee.
- Decisions of the Review Committee are based on meeting our selection criteria, your letter describing your situation, and the family income. Selection is done on a random basis from those qualified.
- All information received during the scholarship process will be kept confidential, with applications being presented to the Review Committee.
- Our scholarship fund is limited, and while we will review all applications that are received by the deadline that meet the income guidelines, we cannot guarantee that all applicants will receive assistance.
- Scholarships may be awarded for a full year or a partial year.
- Applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decision within one month of the school term requested.